Minor in Human Environment
Explore how geography influences human behavior and examine the impact of human activity on the environment. As a geographer, your knowledge of this complex relationship will lead you towards creative solutions for some of the most important issues we face today: climate change, biodiversity loss, natural resource management and sustainability.
After graduation, your knowledge and technical skills will prepare you for careers in areas such as climate change adaptation policy, environmental impact assessment, biodiversity conservation and protected areas planning, and urban and regional planning.
- Study the relationships between people and places: what places mean, how places shape our lives
- Examine the causes and consequences of environmental change
- Consider the role and significance of social and environmental justice issues
- Identify approaches to support the efficient, equitable and sustainable use of resources
- Learn to gather, analyze and interpret statistical data
- Acquire technical skills in computerized mapping and Geographic Information Systems (GIS)