Environmental Studies (BS)
The Bachelor of Science in Environmental Studies prepares students for careers in the environmental field, including government service, nonprofit management and employment in private industry. VCU's curriculum also provides students with a foundation for graduate work in environmental sciences or related fields. The program distinguishes itself by the strong real-world approach to its major. It recognizes the importance of a practical understanding of policy to the environmental scientist and of science to the environmental policy-maker. This means that students will have unique opportunities to integrate their training, as it will be used in the real world.
Upon completing this program, students will know and know how to do the following:
- Demonstrate comprehension of basic biological concepts and their integration
- Demonstrate comprehension of basic earth science concepts and their integration
- Demonstrate comprehension of basic ecological concepts and their integration
- Relate the principles of environmental science and policy
- Use basic environmental skills within the research process