Environmental Science (BS)
The Environmental Science major is a rigorous interdisciplinary program involving course work in biology, chemistry, physics, and environmental science and engineering. The curriculum for the major involves courses that will provide students the following knowledge and skills:
- theoretical and technical knowledge of the generation, transport, and fate of pollutants;
- the impacts of contaminants and other stressors on receiving environments (air, water, land), biodiversity, natural resources, and human health;
- resource management and conservation strategies;
- design and implementation of field and laboratory studies;
- data assessment employing the use of descriptive statistics and hypothesis testing; and
- conveying technical information through written reports and poster and oral presentations.