Graduate Certificate of Education for Sustainability
This qualification develops skills and knowledge in sustainability and enables students to communicate these skills in educational settings. This course is relevant to teachers, trainers, school leaders, administrators, and others seeking to upgrade their sustainability knowledge and expertise.
On successful completion of the Graduate Certificate of Education for Sustainability, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of recent developments, discourses and debates in the field of sustainability education, climate change education and communication
- Demonstrate knowledge, critical inquiry and action learning principles applicable to socio-ecological research and related areas of professional practice
- Investigate, analyse, synthesise and evaluate complex information, problems, concepts and theories, and critically reflect on education practices
- Justify, interpret and present theoretical and evidentiary propositions, conclusions and professional decisions to both specialist and non-specialist audiences
- Demonstrate advanced reading, writing, collaborating and advocacy skills for education for sustainability and climate change education.