Diversity & Affordability
Higher education opens doors to opportunities that can help create a more equitable world, and those doors must be open through affordable programs accessible to all regardless of race, gender, religion, socio-economic status and other differences. In addition, a diverse student body, faculty, and staff provide rich resources for learning and collaboration.
This tab provides access to data collected through AASHE’s Sustainability Tracking, Assessment & Rating System™ (STARS). STARS is a transparent, self-reporting framework for colleges and universities to measure their sustainability performance. STARS enables meaningful comparisons over time and across institutions using a common set of measurements developed with broad participation from the campus sustainability community.
All responses reference content from reports under the latest version of STARS, version 2.2. AASHE membership and log-in is required.
PA 5: Diversity & Equity Coordination
- Description of the institution’s cultural competence, anti-oppression, anti-racism, and/or social inclusion trainings and activities
- Description of the diversity and equity committee, office and/or officer
- Website URL - Diversity & equity coordination
PA 6: Assessing Diversity & Equity
- Description of the diversity and equity assessment process
- Description of recent diversity and equity assessment findings
- Diversity and equity assessment report or summary (upload)
- Website URL - diversity and equity assessment report or summary
- Website URL - Diversity & equity assessment
PA 7: Support for Underrepresented Groups
- Non-discrimination statement
- Discrimination response policy or protocol
- Programs to recruit students, academic staff, and/or non-academic staff from underrepresented groups
- Programs to support students, academic staff, and/or non-academic staff from underrepresented groups
- Programs to prepare students from underrepresented groups for careers as faculty members
- Website URL - Support for underrepresented groups
PA 8: Affordability & Access
- Percent of need met, on average, for students who were awarded need-based aid
- Percent of students graduating without student loan debt
- Percent of entering students that are low-income
- Graduation/success-rate for low-income students
- Website URL - Affordability and access programs
Additional analysis on scores and quantitative fields can be conducted using the STARS Benchmarking Tool.