Biodiversity, Conservation and Policy (MS)
A minimum of 30 graduate credits is required for the master's degree, at least 18 of which must be in biology. Students entering the program with a degree in biology may pursue the policy and planning areas more heavily, while other majors may pursue biology more heavily.
- Biology (11 credits, required courses)
- Policy and Planning Skills (6-8 credits, minimum)
- Support courses as advised; at least one must be in biology, and a graduate-level statistics course is recommended (5-9).
- Thesis: Bio 699 Research in biology or jointly with other departments (e.g., Policy) (4-6 credits).
- Satisfactory completion of the core and final examinations in Biodiversity, Conservation, and Policy