Students select from the following major options:
- ecosystem restoration and management, suitable for students who would like to work to repair degraded systems or manage land for multiple values based on ecological criteria;
- forest management, training students for careers related to managing publicly owned forestland and serving private landowners;
- forest recreation, relating to careers focused on managing the public’s use of forestland, visitor services and public land administration; and
- urban and community forestry, providing training for careers in urban, municipal or community forestry and landscape, and nursery- or vegetation-management professions.
- wildland fire science, preparing you to handle the complex issues involved in fighting and preventing wildfires while understanding the natural role of fire and its prescribed use.