Sustainability Management (BS)
Sustainability Management is an online Bachelor of Science completion program, ideal for those who have or will soon earn an Associate's degrees in an applicable field, or equivalent credits. The program's upper division sustainability coursework prepares graduates for a wide and expanding range of career positions in the public, private and non-profit sectors. Designed for transfer students.
Outcomes The Sustainability Management curriculum focuses on the skills and knowledge wanted by forward thinking employers. Program graduates will be able to:
- Analyze the complex interactions among and between the three pillars of sustainability: the environment, the economy, and society with a focus on identifying areas of potential conflict / opportunity.
- Apply qualitative and quantitative skills appropriate to the sustainability field (e.g., energy modeling, budgeting, financial analysis, GIS, life cycle assessment, interviewing & surveying, environmental and risk communication).
- Analyze data and develop reports and presentations relevant to sustainability and its implementation (e.g., scientific publications, policy documents, sustainability indicators, public audience presentations).
- Work independently and collaboratively for effective and successful project and people management, communication, and to institutionalize sustainable practices.
- Apply knowledge of principles and best practices to the analysis of real-world sustainability problems in public, private and non-profit contexts.
- Develop solutions that balance the priorities of sustainable development, social equity and human nature interaction.