Sustainability Studies Minor
The Sustainability Studies Minor program is designed to provide students with a multi-disciplinary foundation for thinking about sustainability, discussing the concept of sustainability from a biogeochemical perspective, addressing the social and economic facets of sustainability, and discussing the challenges that face humanity in becoming sustainable.
Students will be able to:
- Create a personal definition of sustainability.
- Analyze human impacts on natural systems and processes that affect the ability of humanity to live sustainably.
- Interpret sustainability issues in the context of element cycles.
- Compare and contrast the role of public and private entities in creating sustainable societies.
- Identify facets of social/economic/industrial structures that could be changed to make society more sustainable.