Bachelor of Applied Science in Sustainable Practices
Cascadia College’s Bachelor of Applied Science in Sustainable Practices provides a pathway to careers in the green industry. Graduates will learn the skills necessary to plan and implement sustainable approaches to how we live and work by managing complex projects for government agencies, private and non-profit organizations, water, energy, and agriculture industries, construction management firms, and educational institutions.
The Bachelor of Applied Science Degree in Sustainable Practices is intentionally designed to prepare students as sustainability professionals who can build resilience and implement meaningful change in response to complex environmental, economic and social problems. The program seeks to develop five competencies:
- Systems Thinking – the ability to collectively analyze complex systems across different domains (society, environment, economy, etc.) and across different scales (local to global)
- Interpersonal – the ability to motivate, enable, and facilitate collaborative and participatory sustainability research and problem solving
- Anticipatory – the ability to collectively analyze, evaluate, and craft rich "pictures" of the future related to sustainability issues and sustainability problem-solving frameworks
- Strategic – the ability to collectively design and implement interventions, transitions, and transformative governance strategies toward sustainability
- Normative – the ability to collectively map, specify, apply, reconcile, and negotiate sustainability values, principles, goals, and targets