Agri-Business Management Certificate
Agri-Business Management is a one-year Graduate Certificate program designed for people who wish to enter a career in the agricultural sector at the supervisory level, or to manage relationships in an agri-business environment typical of a sales, lending or other agricultural services role. The curriculum delivers training in accounting & finance, small business marketing, social media marketing, human resources, relationship management, sales, food safety & traceability, occupational health & safety, safe handling & application of pesticides, and modern precision technologies such as GPS and drone applications. Delivery methods include seminar, workshop, lecture, online, field trip and includes a field placement in an agri-business environment.
- Manage key operations (e.g., marketing, recruitment, finance) of a small to medium-sized agricultural enterprise.
- Communicate business-related information persuasively and accurately in oral, written, and graphic formats.
- Manage employees in compliance with provincial Acts to ensure their safety and productivity.
- Manage an agri-business enterprise within the confines of regulatory requirements and public policy.
- Assess new and emerging technologies available for use in an agri-business environment, and arrange for the effective implementation of these technologies.
- Promote an agri-business and its products through new media and other platforms.
- Build and maintain customer relations within agricultural lending and sales contexts.
- Discover innovative solutions to address business problems and opportunities related to an agri-business venture.
- Research and interpret information related to an agri-business enterprise to ensure its efficiency and economic viability.
- Develop strategies for personal and professional development to enhance work performance and maximize opportunities in an agri-business enterprise.